Problem Statement #1 – The Airline vs The Environment
• In 2018, domestic and international flights emitted around 895m tonnes of CO2 (MtCO2), which is 2.4% of global energy-related CO2 emissions
• An IATA forecast reveals air passengers will nearly double to 7.8 billion by 2036
• ICAO CORSIA’s 196 signatory countries agreed to be accountable for their airlines’ international CO2 emissions. It is voluntarily starting in 2019, becoming mandatory in 2026.
Problem Statement #2: The Airline vs Passenger Points & Loyalty
• Airlines & passengers struggle with relevancy of points/Miles
• Passengers struggle to acquire points/miles, or don’t consider signup worth the effort.
• Airlines keep miles/points as unwanted ‘unrealized liabilities’ on their balance sheet,
Little Blue Dots is a unique eco loyalty platform & program which is powered by the airlines, their passengers, and the environmental community that is working to reduce the worlds carbon footprint and promote a more sustainable economy.
Little Blue Dots platform facilitates airlines and their passengers to use miles towards carbon offset projects, while also accruing “Little Blue Dot” loyalty points which earn badges, awards, and are exchangeable for partner promotions and offers.